There are several reasons why you, as a pupil services professional, should become a part of PAPSA. Foremost, PAPSA is the only organization in the Commonwealth specifically devoted to issues concerning the pupil services programs in our schools. It is open to anyone who has supervisory or administrative responsibility in two or more of the fields commonly considered to be included under pupil services, i.e., counseling, health, psychology, home and school visitation, social work, special education, gifted education and student assistance among others. Other interested persons are welcome to join as well in a non-voting, associate status.
PAPSA is an approved provider of Act 48 credit under the regulations and standards of the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Each year more than 3,000 hours of Act 48 credit are entered for participants in the annual conference and other programs.
PAPSA is the largest branch of the National Association of Pupil Services Administrators (NAPSA). Joint membership is offered as indicated below with a $10 rebate on the annual NAPSA dues.
Whether your title is Pupil Services Director, Student Services Coordinator, Special Education Supervisor or some variation of these common labels, PAPSA should be the one organization that you need to join.
Membership in PAPSA entitles the holder to the following:
* 4 issues of the PAPSA News
* 4 updates to the PAPSA Manual
* Reduced rates for conference and workshop registration
* Peer review of the district’s program
* Contact with the Executive Director
* Access to a constantly updated web site.
Annual membership due in PAPSA are as follows (effective for the 2007-08 school year):
* Regular Membership: $109.00
* Retiree Membership: $5.00
* Joint PAPSA/NAPSA: $244.00 (includes a $10.00 rebate)
* Student Membership: $20.00
* Institutional Membership: $218.00 (For institutions of higher education. 5 copies of publications and membership rates at conferences and workshops for 5 staff)
To pay your PAPSA dues, download a copy of the membership form from the “Membership” section of this web site or request an application form through the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, complete and return it with your check made payable to PAPSA for the correct amount.