On Friday, May 10, 2019, Jill Clodgo, RN, Chief, Division of School Health, Pennsylvania Department of Health released the May 2019 School Health Update. Highlights from the Report include:
- Welcome to William “Bill” Deemer RN who is now the school health nurse consultant for the NW and SW districts. He can be contacted at 724-830-2701 or email@example.com.
- Mylan reports they have resumed accepting “EpiPen 4 Schools” order requests at https://www.epipen4schools.com/Register/ or 973-845-7600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring Guidelines
- Blood Borne Pathogen (BBP) Exposure Plans as per Act 96 with important info available at https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/school/Pages/Environmental.aspx and https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/school/Pages/All-Hazard-PlanningToolkit.aspx
- The Physical and Dental exam forms on the Division’s website are now ADA compliant and can be read by a screen reader https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/school/Pages/Physical-Exams.aspx and https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/school/Pages/Dental-Health.aspx
- Child Abuse Education and Training (Act 31 of 2014), which is required every two (2) years for RN license renewal. The list of approved trainings is located at https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/school/Pages/Abuse.aspx
- School health statistics by county up to the 2016-17 school year have been posted to the website at https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/school/Pages/Statistics.aspx
- School Health Inquiries – the website a valuable resource
- Non-School Health questions should be directed to the appropriate entities. An extensive listing is available in the update.
- School Health Annual Reimbursement Request System (SHARRS) must be submitted by the School Superintendent/CEO no later than September 30 of each year. Schools that do not submit the report timely may forfeit their reimbursement. See https://apps.health.pa.gov/SHARRS/Login.aspx
The complete report can be accessed at http://papsa-web.org/wp-content/uploads/2019-School-Health-Update-May-2019.pdf.