Why Should I Become a Member of PAPSA?
There are several reasons why you, as a pupil services professional, should become a part of PAPSA. Foremost, PAPSA is the only organization in the Commonwealth specifically devoted to issues concerning the pupil services programs in our schools. It is open to anyone who has supervisory or administrative responsibility in two or more of the fields commonly considered to be included under pupil services, i.e., counseling, health, psychology, home and school visitation, social work, special education, gifted education and student assistance among others. Other interested persons are welcome to join as well in a non-voting, associate status.
PAPSA provides its members with quality professional development programs, including an annual conference and occasional regional workshops. Each year more than 3,000 hours of participation are verified.
PAPSA is the largest branch of the National Association of Pupil Services Administrators (NAPSA). Joint membership is offered as indicated below with a $10 rebate on the annual NAPSA dues and an additional $10 rebate on the PAPSA dues, for a total of $20.
PAPSA maintains constant contact with other professional organizations representing education-related fields, such as: PSEA, PaFT, PSCA, PPA, PASSWP, PASAP and the lack. It also is in regular contact with those branches of government most involved with the implementation of pupil services, such as the PA Department of Education, State Board of Education, PA Department of Health, House and Senate Education Committees.
Whether your title is Pupil Services Director, Student Services Coordinator, Special Education Supervisor or some variation of these common labels, PAPSA should be the one organization that you need to join.
Membership in PAPSA entitles the holder to the following:
* 4 issues of the PAPSA News
* 4 updates to the PAPSA Manual
* Reduced rates for conference and workshop registration
* A voice in Harrisburg with PDE, the State Board of Education and General Assembly.
* Peer review of the district’s program
* Liaison with like-minded organizations such as PSEA, PaFT, PSBA, PACLD, PAESSP, PSCA, PASNAP, PPA and PASSWP.
* Major publications on current issues.
* Consultation with the Executive Director
* Access to a constantly updated web site.
Annual membership due in PAPSA are as follows (effective for the 2014-15 school year):
* Regular Membership: $155.00
* Retiree Membership: $10.00
* Joint PAPSA/NAPSA: $315.00 (includes a $20.00 rebate)
* Student Membership: $25.00
* Institutional Membership: $310.00 (For institutions of higher education and larger school entities. Includes 5 copies of publications and membership rates at conferences and workshops for up to 5 staff)
In addition, the most recent directory of PAPSA members can be accessed below.